Netgear routers come with a huge array of advanced networking features, one of them being able to install the NETGEAR skill within the Amazon Alexa devices such as the Amazon Echo Dot, Echo, Echo plus, Exho spot, Echo show, Amazon alexa setup and more. To be able to add the Netgear skill to the Alexa devices, the user will initially have to setup the remote access through the router configurations. After that, the user can enable their Netgear routers to work with Amazon Alexa. This way, the user can simply activate the Netgear router’s skills using voice command.
To enable the remote access on the Netgear Nighthawk routers, the user will have to download the Netgear Nighthawk App on their mobile devices and configure it through some easy configuration steps.
Here are the troubleshooting steps to enable the remote access on the Netgear routers:
- Connect the mobile device to the Netgear router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk App from the play store or iOS store.
- Launch the Nighthawk App on the same mobile device.
- The user will be prompted to enter the admin password for their router. Enter the admin password to successfully Sign in.
- The web based interface or Dashboard will display.
- Tap the MENU icon. It will be located at the top left side of the screen.
- Tap the Settings icon. Now, tap the Remote Management option.
- Slide the Remote Management slider to the right side to enable the remote access feature on the router.
Now, the Remote Access will be successfully enabled on the Netgear router.
Now, the user can add Netgear skills to their Amazon Alexa devices.
Here are the troubleshooting steps to enable the Netgear router or Netgear skills on Amazon Alexa devices:
- Connect the mobile device to the router’s Wi-Fi network. Launch the Amazon Alexa App.
- Tap the Home icon. Go to the Skills section.
- Type Netgear Skill in the search field provided.
- Tap the Netgear skill from the list of options.
- Tap the Link Account option. A Netgear Sign in page will display asking the user to enter the credentials regarding their router.
- Once the user has successfully Signed in to the app, tap the Accept option to finish the setup.
The Netgear skill (amazon alexa setup) will now be linked to the Alexa app. The user can command the Alexa device to instruct any command for their Netgear router.
Here are some of the Alexa commands that are supported by Netgear routers:
- Alexa, ask NETGEAR to enable Parental Controls.
- Alexa, ask NETGEAR to disable Parental Controls.
- Alexa, ask NETGEAR to enable Guest Network.
- Alexa, ask NETGEAR to disable Guest Network.
- Alexa, ask NETGEAR to reboot my router.
- Alexa, ask NETGEAR what’s my ISP speed?
- Alexa, ask NETGEAR what’s my Internet usage?
- amazon alexa setup