Netgear N900 Wi-Fi router has all the features for the tremendous performance network. With dual-band technology and a combined speed of 900 Mbps, you can view effortless HD video streaming. The Gigabit wired connection grants it to cover the whole of your home or office. NETGEAR maintains a personal dashboard for monitoring, controlling and repair your home network. There is a Push ‘N’ Connect button for Wi-Fi switch on/ off which ensures appropriate power saving. You can easily access photos, music and wireless printing with Netgear router.
You also get high-level wireless security with WPA/ WPA 2. N900 assist you to reduce interference and enjoy a reliable Wi-Fi connection. It is equipped with the simultaneous dual band. The router is optimized for smooth HD gaming and streaming.
- Wi-Fi—Up to 450+450 Mbps. Gigabit wired connection ideal for HD gaming & video.
- Dual band 2.4GHz & 5GHz.
- It provides Advanced QoS—Optimized for smooth HD streaming & gaming.
- Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology.
Types of Logins and Access in Netgear WNDR4500 N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
There are different types of logins that have different purposes. It is vital that you Understand the unlikeness so that you know which login to use when.
- Router login logs you into the router interface using NETGEAR genie app. You can use NETGEAR genie after Installation about this login.
- Wireless Network Key and Password: Your router is preset with unique wireless network name and password for wireless access. This information is on the label of your router.
How to log in to Netgear WNDR4500 N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router?
One should follow the below steps to log in to your router:
- Open a web browser.
- Enter “routerlogin.net” into a browser window using the IP address, 168.1.1. You can also type https://www.routerlogin.net or https://www.routerlogin.com.
- It will direct you to the login authentication page.
- Enter admin for username and password for the password.
- Once you successfully logged in, you will be directed to BASIC HOME SCREEN displays. If your Internet connection is still not set up, genie app will automatically detect your Internet.
How to update the firmware of Netgear WNDR4500 N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router?
The router firmware is stored in non-volatile memory. You will probably see a message at the top of the router pages when new firmware is available. You can acknowledge that message to update the firmware or you can check to see if new firmware is available and update your product.
One should follow the below steps to update the firmware:
- Open your web browser that is connected to the network.
- Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field; it will direct you to the login window.
- Find your pre-configured setting on the top of the routers, these setting is unique to your router.
- Now type your credentials and you will be directed to the home page.
- On the home page, ADVANCED > ADMINISTRATION > FIRMWARE UPDATE.
- It will open up firmware update GUI.
- Click the check button.
- If router finds any information about the new firmware updates is available and ask you if you want to download it and install it.
- Click on the YES button to update your firmware.
What to do if I cannot log in to the Netgear WNDR4500 N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router?
What to do if you are unable to log into the router?
- Close your browser and open it again.
- If your connection is a wired connection, check the Ethernet connection between the computer and the router. Router Ethernet’s LEDs show that your computer is connected.
- If the login authentication page displays, but you cannot log in. Check if you are using the appropriate login information.
What to do if your router cannot access the internet?
- If you can log in to your router, but it is not able to access the Internet, check if the router can obtain an IP address from your Internet service provider (ISP).
To check the WAN IP address:
- Open a web browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the network.
- Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com in the address bar.
- A login screen displays.
- Enter the router username and password.
- The BASIC Home screen displays.
- Click the ADVANCED tab. The Router Status screen displays.
- Your router has not obtained an IP address from your ISP if 0.0.0.0 is shown.
- If your router is not able to obtain an IP address from the ISP, try to force your cable or DSL broadband modem to recognize your new router by restarting your network in this order:
- Turn off the cable or DSL broadband modem
- Unplug the router.
- Plug in your cable or DSL broadband modem and turn it on.
- Wait for two minutes.
- Plug in the router and wait two minutes.